Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mil Mi-24


Can say this is my first fearsome model that even I myself is impressed with, and this flying tank is even more scarier when it is animated and after I added sounds to it. The model comes with 4 gunpods with 18-barreled rotary machine gun (lol, I modified that, real life it's only 4-barreled), functional and physic-obeying rotors, detailed cockpit and a desert camouflage. Completed Nov 20, 2007.

My FIRST fully modeled, fully functional and fully detailed helicopter. And for the first time it took me 8 consecutive hours to work on it (my average working time per model is around 2-4 hours, with interval rest in between). However the long work hours was worth it, considering I had to tweak the rotor physics (mostly, I had bugs with the tail rotor rotating at EVERY direction), implementing my newly improved glass physics on the cockpit, and because I was on a long boring holiday.

Why I made it? Well, firstly I started out with a simple box in 3DS Max (with nothing in mind), and then I challenged myself to make a helicopter since I never made one before. And the end product was this Mi-24 Hind (Hind is NATO reporting name, Soviet pilot call it Krokodil (Crocodile) and just look at the render and you'll know why). Things really do look nicer when you're doing it while you're dead bored :]

No comments: